Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The State of the Tree House...

Somewhere along the way, the husband got the brilliant idea that he needed to build a tree house.  I guess rebuilding a real house isn't enough for him...or maybe building the shed inspired him...or maybe he is trying to relive his childhood, just a little bit.

I veto'd the purchase of the wood.  I insisted that his to-do list was too long, his time frame too short and it would sit.  I wanted to spend the money on something that was needed and could be used now.

As sometimes happens, the husband takes matters into his own hands and does his own thing.  I strongly voiced my [negative] opinion, but he went ahead and purchased the wood anyway.

Mind you, this happened in the fall.  It is now almost May, and here is the state of the tree house.  The wood has sat in a nice pile for about six months now...waiting...

Maybe one day it will become a magnificent tree house.  Perhaps the elves will show up and build it.  I will keep you posted, but I believe it has fallen down the list, behind finishing the front, painting the side, gutting the bathroom (dining room and part of the upstairs bedroom), and finishing the bathroom...  As you see it may be years yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment