Sunday, May 4, 2014

Another long night...

I had another one of THOSE nights...but I think I might know why...

I was so angry with the husband.  Really, really angry. Furious actually.  I don't have any idea why, but he did something bad.  I was so angry that I propelled myself out of bed, still asleep and I recall a lot of yelling.  I remember walking around the end of the bed and approaching his side (why? when I could have just rolled over) and then I caught myself, suspended between the dream, confused about the anger, and no idea what I was trying to do.

Sheepishly, I bent down and patted the cat, then walked back to my side and got back in bed.  The husband snored on, none the wiser.  I fell back asleep only to be awakened a second time, equally furious, and again jumped out of bed.  I yelled, "That's it.  I've had it.  I will not sleep in here!" and stomped off into the hallway.

Here I remember pondering which bed I should go sleep in.  I am a bit like Goldilocks.  I chose the Baby Bear's bed.  He happily snuggled into me and we went back into a nightmare-free sleep, until I woke in a puddle of wet.  Yup, it had been over a year, but I managed to choose the night when there would be a bed-wetting.  So at 3:30 am, after a change of clothing and a trip to the bathroom, we both headed back to my bed.  The husband probably thinks it serves me right.  Maybe it does.  I really should stay in my own bed.

The next morning I asked him if he remembered being yelled at during the night.  He said no, that he was tired and he slept.  

Then two nights later, it happened again.  Only this time I had only been asleep for a little while and I KNOW why I was so mad at him.  I am reading this book (he gave it to me) and the main character has Tourettes and is very OCD.  The husband came into the bedroom and didn't follow the correct tapping ritual for walking through a doorway.  The thing is, this ritual, if not followed, had some pretty dire consequences (don't ask me what they are, but they are bad).  The worst part was that he was not following it on purpose and he was smirking.  I think he was trying to see what would happen if he didn't follow the rules.  Or maybe he was pushing my buttons to see if I would react.  (Reminder, none of this is real).

So now I have to make a tough decision, do I discard this book that I am about 3/4 way through and opt for something safer, or finish the book and deal with the sleepwalking?  It doesn't seem to happen every night when I read it.  Perhaps I can get the husband to sleep in some sort of helmet to be on the safe side... 

No comments:

Post a Comment