Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Blogging about the dishwasher

It has been two years and two months since I last touched this blog...  I can try to explain, but I won't bore you with excuses, no matter how good they are.  Let's just suffice to say that we have a lot of catching up to do!

So happy 2017!  One of my New Years resolutions is to start blogging at least once a month.  This is certainly less of a commitment than finishing my book or sticking to some sort of regular exercise routine and way more fun than the chores I should be doing like laundry or cleaning or driving a child some place.

What a better way to start the new year off than with a post about the dishwasher.  Yup, the dishwasher.  It is a point of contention in this household.  Did you know there is only ONE way to do it correctly?  I live with a master dishwrangler who has turned loading dishes into an art form.  I have to wonder if "dishwasher" comes up in divorce proceedings if it is a top unreconcilable difference? The main conflict being one partner just doesn't care enough and the other cares too much.

If we really want to analyze this deeper, and we probably don't, I would say it all comes down to control issues.  And people if there is ONE thing that should be under your control, it's your dishwasher!

So here are some tips for those of you who are confused or uninformed about dishwasher etiquette. Yes, I admit not all dishwashers are the same, there is no one size fits all.  If you would like some help learning about the correct way to load yours, I have a spouse you can borrow.  He doesn't even mind being video-taped.

For all you dishwasher control freaks out there (you know who you are!), this one's for you...the rest of us just smile and wave, boys...just smile and wave. (Madagascar)









No comments:

Post a Comment