So, one of our first projects is to replace the north-facing bow window on the front of the house. Just for fun we removed a piece of plywood to see what was under there and this is what we found...
Lots of crumbled bricks and Jenga! style supports which really are not holding up much of anything.
We really are not quite sure why this is still attached to the house and certainly will not be jumping on that floor!
We actually hired someone to come a pour new footers and replace the plywood with weather resistant materials that will not rot. He will have to trim out the new windows once those go in. It should look nice when it's done...now if we can just get him here before winter!