Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Old Door

[caption id="attachment_861" align="alignleft" width="225"] Starting to look like a real room...[/caption]

For the past two nights T has been leveling and fussing with installing the bathroom door and door frame.

This is the same door that we removed from the office room when it was a closet.  We basically moved it around the corner into the hallway for the bathroom.

There is something to be said for pre-hung new doors.  They are straight for one...  T has been using the level and shims to try to get it to align and close properly.

He has it seated in there pretty well, but realized that the top corner is warped and also  critter chewed.  He asked me if I was SURE I DIDN'T WANT A NEW DOOR.  No way Jose, the thing about an old house is that it is old.  You take it with all the quirks, dings, warps, etc.  When we are done I want it to look like it belongs in an old house.  So the top corner will stick out a bit, but we will call that character.

Now I have been tasked with trying to find a door knob.  He wants to be able to lock it from the inside.  This sounds easy in theory, but of course all the ones I like are too expensive and then I have to worry about it matching the other door that is near it...   At least we now have a door on the bathroom and you can close it!

Link to Pinterest Board on Door Knobs

No comments:

Post a Comment